In saying that today i have a nice collection of my warm and fuzzies that inspire me for you today.
First things first though check out one of friends and fellow MAD students blog she has just set up over at http://notrashisanisland.blogspot.co.nz/
NOW, BRING ON THE INSPIRATION.
1) I tend to find inspiration in little things, like songs or a poem or a view out a window.
So, my favourite song that inspires me is - Iron Sky by Paulo Nutini, I see it as being about being free and making sure we all have that right, not just putting up with the iron sky above us, or the status quo. Seriously give it a listen.
'I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms, and, if it proved to be mean, why then to get the whole and genuine meanness of it, and publish its meanness to the world; or if it were sublime, to know it by experience, and be able to give a true account of it in my next excursion.'
3) I have lots of different people I admire for lots of different reasons and I'll list a few of them, I won't give them their life story, google them if you want, because they're inspiration to me for reasons that deeply personal to me, but who knows, they might become inspirations to you to.
- Charlotte Rampling
- Katharine Hepburn
- Sue Perkins
- Xiuhtezactl Tonatiuh
- Stephen Fry
- Noel Fielding
- David Attenborough
- Penny Wong
- Nelson Mandela
- My family and Friends
- My Teachers
- The Doctor
4) Pictures and photography art really inspire me.
I was kind of late to jump onto the Tumblr band wagon but I find its really great for finding little snippets of photography amazingness, especially from travel blogs.
Like these guys ....
All found on http://waander--lust.tumblr.com/
Or These gems from http://rustandwanderlust.tumblr.com/
I don't know, it makes me really excited to get outdoors and do something!
Art is the same, I love going to art galleries and museums and just trying to sort stuff out in my head, what they mean and what I mean.
I am going to be boring and say the great painters everyone has heard of, I love them too, but I do like some more obscure works and artists too.
My favourite Van Gogh is Cypresses
That image I found on pinterest.
But I do also love modern prints and more abstract stuff, one I really like are these works by Andras Lie.
How awesome are those?
4) I love reading quotes, or philosophy or developing my world outlook/view (which is one of humanism).
But we can do amazing things together!
5) I love being alive! That sheer fact is generally what gets me through tough times or makes me excited to do stuff, I'm here so I may as well go do something. I've got two good legs so let's go for a run let's go hike somewhere, I've got a confident voice, so why not go give speeches and educate people. I have some spare time so why not volunteer, help somewhere, teach someone.
I'm on this planet so why not find a reason for it!
A quote I reckon really sums this up is Mark Twain, 'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.'